Octreotide Long-acting Release Injection (Powder and Solvent for Suspension) 20mg / 30mg
For Long-term treatment of the severe diarrhoea and flushing episodes associated with metastatic carcinoid & VIP-secreting tumors.
- Indication: OCTRI-LAR®Depot is indicated in patients in whom initial treatment with octreotide acetate Injection has shown to be effective and tolerated for:
- Long-term treatment of the severe diarrhea and flushing episodes associated with metastatic carcinoid tumors.
- Long-term treatment of the profuse watery diarrhea associated with VIP-secreting tumors.
- Formulation: OCTRI-LAR®Depot should be administered intramuscularly in the gluteal region at 4-week intervals.
- Is a long acting, synthetic protein similar to a hormone in the human body called somatostatin.
- Provides symptomatic control (in carcinoid & VIP-secreting tumors).
- Helps in reducing the risk of disease progression in NET.
- Provides superior patient compliance.
OCTRI-LAR®Depot uses PLGA microspheres for drug delivery, they are glucose initiated poly (D,L-Lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres which benefit in controlled drug release in the body over a longer duration of time