Paclitaxel (protein bound particles) injectable suspension 100 mg/vial
Albumin bound paclitaxel is a microtubule inhibitor indicated for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer & locally advanced or metastatic non – small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Indication: It indicated for the treatment of :
- Metastatic breast cancer: after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated.
- Locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): as first-line treatment in combination with carboplatin, in patients who are not candidates for curative surgery or radiation therapy.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer: Recommended dosage is 260 mg/m2 intravenously over 30 minutes every 3 weeks.
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Recommended dosage is 100 mg/m2 intravenously over 30 minutes on Days 1, 8, and 15 of each 21-day cycle, Administer carboplatin on Day 1 of each 21-day cycle immediately after albumin bound paclitaxel.
- Is a solvent-free paclitaxel formulation intended to reduce solvent-related adverse reactions and improve tumor penetration.
- Has shorter infusion time and does not need special intravenous tubing.
- Obviates need for premedications for hypersensitivity reactions.
- Works by stopping division of cancer cells thereby blocking the growth of the cancer.
CAVEOLIN-PTX® Tumour – Targeted Nanomedicine with Natural Transport Properties of Albumin which is a natural carrier for hydrophobic molecules in the body, associated with high metabolic uptake by tumours.
For more information regarding CAVEOLIN-PTX®, please contact your local sales representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org