Peg filgrastim (Peg-GCSF) Injection 6 mg/0.6 ml
PEG-NUSTIM® is used to prevent neutropenia (a lack of certain white blood cells) arising as a result of chemotherapy administration
- Indication: PEG-NUSTIM® is indicated to decrease the risk of patients developing febrile neutropenia when receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy regimens and is indicated to increase survival in patients acutely exposed to myelosuppressive doses of radiation.
- Formulation: It is a prefilled syringe containing single dose of 6 mg/0.6 ml for subcutaneous use.
- Is a long acting, PEGylated form of recombinant human granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) analog filgrastim.
- Is a G-CSF which increases the body’s neutrophil level by inducing neutrophil proliferation, differentiation & maturation.
- Increases the phagocytic activity of mature neutrophils.
- Is not indicated for the mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Long-acting G-CSFs (Pegfilgrastim) have been modified to increase molecular size and thus evade clearance by the kidneys. Instead of renal clearance, long-acting G-CSFs are cleared from the body predominantly by circulating neutrophils. As a result, serum levels of long-acting G-CSFs remain high during neutropenia but decrease as neutrophil levels return to normal.
For more information regarding PEG-NUSTIM®, please contact your local sales representative or email us at email@example.com